Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Quattuor Verba


salvete! Magistra Kruebbe here. I just wanted to write a quick post about a new activity that I tried recently with my 7th grade class. Inspired by Keith Toda's 4-Word Picture Stories post, I gave my students 7 Latin words and had them pick 4. They then wrote and illustrated a sentence for each word. They did this on a blank piece of paper that they folded into 4 quadrants. Yay for a no-prep activity!

Here are the words they could choose from.

I took the student responses, scanned them, edited the captions, and created this slideshow. We will read one or two stories per class for the next week.

I was impressed with how creative their stories were, especially considering that they could only write 4 sentences.

 Have you tried this activity?

No comments:

Post a Comment